Favorites from Amelia’s Kitchen
Around the Web
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- light head, n.2 and adj. 1 October 2022, 0:00OED Word of the Day: light head, n.2 An injudicious or easily persuaded person; a silly or gullible person.
- per fas et nefas, adv. 2 October 2022, 0:00OED Word of the Day: per fas et nefas, adv. By right or wrong; by fair or unfair means; by any means (good or bad).
- downpressor, n. 3 October 2022, 0:00OED Word of the Day: downpressor, n. In Jamaican English (esp. in Rastafarian usage): a person who oppresses another person or group; an oppressor.
- alieniloquy, n. 4 October 2022, 0:00OED Word of the Day: alieniloquy, n. An instance of straying from the subject one is supposed to be talking about; rambling or evasive talk.
- bobsled, v. 5 October 2022, 0:00OED Word of the Day: bobsled, v. To travel or race in a bobsled.
- rhubarb, n. and adj. 6 October 2022, 0:00OED Word of the Day on National Poetry Day: rhubarb, n. slang. Nonsense; worthless stuff - as in this 1989 quotation from Simon Armitage, the current British Poet Laureate: "Poetry was rhubarb. Books were for eggheads".
- lightning bird, n. 7 October 2022, 0:00OED Word of the Day: lightning bird, n. (A name for) any of various birds or flying insects whose behaviour is suggestive of lightning in some way.
- light head, n.2 and adj. 1 October 2022, 0:00
Search this site
Join 44 other followers
About WordPress.com Advertising
Wordpress.com places advertisements on this site to provide free blog hosting. I do not profit from those ads except through the free hosting.
Books reviewed or mentioned on Apostrophistica.com may be linked to Amazon.com through Amazon's Associates Program links.