Favorites from Amelia’s Kitchen
Around the Web
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- papri, n. 17 July 2021, 0:00OED Word of the Day: papri, n. A small, thin, crisp wheat biscuit.
- Mandela, n. 18 July 2021, 0:00OED Word of the Day on Nelson Mandela's birthday, commemorated as Nelson Mandela International Day: Mandela, n. Of or relating to Nelson Mandela.
- custard pie, n. 19 July 2021, 0:00OED Word of the Day: custard pie, n. Comedy characterized by broad physical humour of a kind typified by the throwing of custard pies.
- butin, n. 20 July 2021, 0:00OED Word of the Day: butin, n. Spoil, plunder; booty.
- buster suit, n. 21 July 2021, 0:00OED Word of the Day: buster suit, n. A child's suit or outfit that resembles the attire of the comic strip character Buster Brown. Now: spec. an outfit for a baby or young child, usually consisting of a top and a pair of short trousers fastened together with buttons.
- star shot, n. 22 July 2021, 0:00OED Word of the Day: star shot, n. A translucent gelatinous mass found on the ground, once popularly supposed to result from the fall of meteors.
- olive branch, n. 23 July 2021, 0:00OED Word of the Day: olive branch, n. A branch of an olive tree as an emblem of peace or goodwill.
- papri, n. 17 July 2021, 0:00
Search this site
About WordPress.com Advertising
Wordpress.com places advertisements on this site to provide free blog hosting. I do not profit from those ads except through the free hosting.
Books reviewed or mentioned on Apostrophistica.com may be linked to Amazon.com through Amazon's Associates Program links.