Favorites from Amelia’s Kitchen
Around the Web
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- coddy-moddy, n. 13 October 2020, 4:00OED Word of the Day: coddy-moddy, n. A (young) gull; esp. a (young) common gull, Larus canus, or black-headed gull, Chroicocephalus ridibundus.
- nyctinasty, n. 14 October 2020, 4:00OED Word of the Day: nyctinasty, n. The tendency of leaves or other parts of a plant to take up different positions at different times, usually in response to regular (esp. nightly) changes in light intensity or temperature
- participation mystique, n. 15 October 2020, 4:00OED Word of the Day: participation mystique, n. Imaginative identification with other people and objects, regarded as an attribute of preliterate peoples. Also: merging of the individual consciousness with that of a group, or with the external world
- grand coup, n. 16 October 2020, 4:00OED Word of the Day: grand coup, n. A bold and strikingly successful stroke or move
- pravilege, n. 17 October 2020, 4:00OED Word of the Day: pravilege, n. An evil, injurious, or worthless privilege or law
- art mobilier, n. 18 October 2020, 4:00OED Word of the Day: art mobilier, n. Prehistoric decorated or carved portable objects; (also) art consisting of such objects
- blue law, n. 19 October 2020, 4:00OED Word of the Day: blue law, n. In colonial New England: a strict law motivated by religious belief, particularly one preventing entertainment or leisure activities on a Sunday
- coddy-moddy, n. 13 October 2020, 4:00
Search this site
About WordPress.com Advertising
Wordpress.com places advertisements on this site to provide free blog hosting. I do not profit from those ads except through the free hosting.
Books reviewed or mentioned on Apostrophistica.com may be linked to Amazon.com through Amazon's Associates Program links.