Favorites from Amelia’s Kitchen
Around the Web
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- cakelet, n. 9 April 2021, 4:00OED Word of the Day on World Cake Day: cakelet, n. A small cake.
- fontlet, n. 10 April 2021, 4:00OED Word of the Day: fontlet, n. A small source or wellspring; a little fountain.
- mythomaniac, n. and adj. 11 April 2021, 4:00OED Word of the Day: mythomaniac, n. A person obsessed with or passionate about myths. Also: a person with a pathological tendency to create myths, tell lies, or exaggerate.
- nincompoopiana, n. 12 April 2021, 4:00OED Word of the Day: nincompoopiana, n. (A name for) the late 19th-cent. aesthetic movement; (more generally) the vogue for aestheticism which accompanied it.
- geosmin, n. 13 April 2021, 4:00OED Word of the Day: geosmin, n. An organic compound with a strong earthy scent and flavour, produced especially by various microorganisms and largely responsible for the smell of damp soil.
- foolery, n. 14 April 2021, 4:00OED Word of the Day: foolery, n. An instance of foolish behaviour; a foolish or ridiculous belief, action, or thing.
- nab, v.1 15 April 2021, 4:00OED Word of the Day: nab, v.1 Scottish. To bite gently, to nibble.
- cakelet, n. 9 April 2021, 4:00
Another news article about Amazon — this one boggled my mind. Be aware that there is a word in this article that a great many people find offensive. When I saw that Amazon was defending the use of the “C-word,” … Continue reading
Amazon’s fees hike for third-party traders provokes fury | Technology | The Guardian. According to the article, some fees will increase as much as 70% for third-party retailers who sell through Amazon: Amazon is facing a revolt from small traders … Continue reading
British Indie Fiction D.M. Andrews has begun a new site focussing on self-pubbed fiction by British authors. He has a number of genres to browse through. If you’re looking for something new to read and you enjoy reading British authors, … Continue reading