Favorites from Amelia’s Kitchen
Around the Web
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- bread-kind, n. 22 January 2021, 5:00OED Word of the Day: bread-kind, n. Food similar to bread, in providing a source of carbohydrate. In later use esp.: yams, sweet potatoes, plantains, or similar starchy fruits and vegetables.
- all-dressed, adj. 23 January 2021, 5:00OED Word of the Day: all-dressed, adj. Denoting food, esp. pizza, that has been prepared with all of the offered toppings, spices, condiments, etc.
- septifarious, adj. 24 January 2021, 5:00OED Word of the Day: septifarious, adj. Sevenfold; having seven members.
- cock-a-hoop, adj., int., and adv. 25 January 2021, 5:00OED Word of the Day: cock-a-hoop, adj. Elated, overjoyed; exultant, triumphant.
- ear-tickling, adj. 26 January 2021, 5:00OED Word of the Day: ear-tickling, adj. Of a sound, phrase, etc.: delicate, light, playful, seeking to please or delight; seeming to tickle the ear.
- anecdotographer, n. 27 January 2021, 5:00OED Word of the Day: anecdotographer, n. A recorder or publisher of anecdotes; spec. a person who writes, or collects and publishes, secret or private episodes or details of history.
- brick-cold, adj. 28 January 2021, 5:00OED Word of the Day: brick-cold, adj. Of conditions or the weather: very cold, freezing.
- bread-kind, n. 22 January 2021, 5:00
Another news article about Amazon — this one boggled my mind. Be aware that there is a word in this article that a great many people find offensive. When I saw that Amazon was defending the use of the “C-word,” … Continue reading
Amazon’s fees hike for third-party traders provokes fury | Technology | The Guardian. According to the article, some fees will increase as much as 70% for third-party retailers who sell through Amazon: Amazon is facing a revolt from small traders … Continue reading
British Indie Fiction D.M. Andrews has begun a new site focussing on self-pubbed fiction by British authors. He has a number of genres to browse through. If you’re looking for something new to read and you enjoy reading British authors, … Continue reading